Friday, June 3, 2011

God's Secret Joys

The most amazing thing just happened. I was at the cafe down the street wanting to have my devotions outside. I was cold. I moved to Bennett park where a Polish husband and wife were learning how to rollerblade. They looked like they were 8 years old, off balance, falling down and laughing.

I randomly put on my facebook status, "One of my favorite things in life is when an adult does something that makes them look 8 years old again." After that, I opened up my Oswald Chambers devotional and it was talking about the sign of true friendship and how true friends share their secret joys with each other. It encouraged me to ask God what His secret joy is and all of the sudden it hit me! My facebook status was actually God speaking to me about one of His secret joys! I began crying blessed tears because I knew in that moment that He was sharing a secret side of His character with me...one that you would only know if you were truly intimate with Him!

The Lord is the coolest, most interesting person I know. Jesus, thank you for sharing Your secrets with me. Please help me to become more childlike. I want You to get pleasure from watching me!

Psalm 25:14
"The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him."

KSW

No comments:

Post a Comment